Debtor reminders – setup & test
This guideline describes how to setup “debtor reminders” and how to view the end result.
The ‘Debtor reminder” feature is used to send out reminders to debtors with due invoices. Included in the functionality, is the ability to design and specify the exact reminder text(s) and you can send out reminders both digitally and on paper.
Setting up ‘Debtor reminders’:
First the default text for each debtor reminder must be typed in as shown in the screenshots displayed below.
Remember there is no limit to the number of different reminders you can create, the little green plus icon in the top left corner will create a new reminder
- First locate where you can manage your debtor reminders
- Specify the standard email subject text
- <ReminderMaxNumber> will insert the highest number of reminders for the currently selected debtor.
- <DebtorReminderAmount> will insert the total amount for the included invoice
- Specify the standard email body text.
- Specify additional text on report
- Please note that the ‘email to’ field must have a valid email address
- Setting up Debtor reminders is now done and ready for use. Please continue reading to see how this works in practice.
How to use Debtor reminder in practice:
The following steps will guide you in using the Debtor reminder system and how to send a test email to yourself, in order to view the actual email that will be sent to your Debtors.
- Select the “Debtor reminder” tab and create new
- You can narrow down your search for all potential invoice reminders by filling out the following fields and selecting a particular debtor if necessary. Alternatively you can leave everything blank to include all possible results. Click OK when done to search for all overdue invoices and therefore potential reminders that can be sent.
- Reminder date= by default todays date, specifies the date you wish to calculate the reminder by.
- total days from last reminder= e.g. 10, will only include payment reminders that were last sent at least 10 days ago.
- no of days due= e.g. 10, will only include invoices more than 10 days overdue.
- no of days due= e.g. 360, will not include invoices more than 360 days overdue.
- due amount on debtor= will only include reminders for debtors who have a total debt that exceeds the amount provided.
- Debtor= choose a specific debtor if necessary.
- Posting group= choose a posting group for debtors if necessary.
- Reporting group= choose a reporting group for debtors if necessary.
- Include blocked debtors= check to include all previously blocked debtors.
- Select invoices to include in the reminder
- Click on the “send via email” icon.
- After clicking “send via email” this dialog box will appear and the following adjustments can be made.
WARNING! Do NOT click OK at this point if you are only creating a test email to yourself. If you click OK now you will send an actual reminder to one of your debtors. Note that the “send test mail to:” checkbox has been checked in the following example!
Here you can select to mail either all debtors with due amounts or use the debtor currently selected.
- You can choose to include an auto generated PDF document that contains a list of all invoices included in the reminder you are sending and select the report layout you want to use when sending reminders.
- You can check to include a copy of selected invoices (system default), you can add your own email signature in the email body text and finally CC yourself.
- You can choose to send a test email. This will NOT approve any real debtor reminders, only send a test email to the desired address.
When you want to send this off to your debtors, uncheck the checkbox “send test mail to” and press OK.
- When you are done remember to approve with this button:
- When your debtor reminder has been generated, sent via email and approved, it will appear in the ‘Communication log’ tab within that individual debtor: