This guide covers how to create and use custom codes. Custom codes can be used to reference a resource, client or a job to another platform or system you are using.
Custom codes can be searched for in the Jobs List grid.
Custom code types
You will first need to set up the custom code types you will use.
Find the Custom Codes types in Settings (1).
Click on the Add new row icon (2)
- In the dialog, the ‘Custom code type name’ is a way to describe the system you need to refer to.
- The ‘Friendly name’ is the display text in the grid where it is used.
- The ‘Reference type’ is in which area of WorkBook you can enable this code. You will be able to choose this particular code where it is indicated (3).
The same information can also be seen in the sidebar when a row is created and selected. The other menu options in the sidebar (4) will show you which clients, jobs and companies this particular code is being applied to.
In the client and company cards, custom codes can be added as a default for jobs if Client is enabled as a reference type in settings. This will be the default in jobs, irregardless of what has been setup in the Custom code types setting.
- In the Client Card go to Client settings > New job Settings > Client defaults: Add custom codes (see image)
- In the Company Card go to Company settings > Job settings
Create a new job
If chosen in either the company or client cards, you will see the job custom codes appear in the Job card by default
Alternatively, click the add a new Custom Code reference icon to create a new entry (1).
The Code Value is the specific account number, reference number or other identifier relevant to this job (2).