Release notes for version 9.2
Most of these new features and changes are made to the HTML5 version of WorkBook, V9.
We urge our clients to try V9 – grab hold of your local WorkBook contact or mail us!
This is not a complete list of features and enhancements.
Please visit our release notes site: releasenotes.workbook.net to view the rest including bug fixes.
1. Added new functionality that gives the user the option to have ‘Task booking’ dialogue opened when marking a resource as done, this option can be found in ‘My settings’
2. Added ‘guess-work code’ to date pickers. User input interpretation attempts to make sense of user input, according to users language settings and also considers prefixes (“-“, “~” or “+”)
3. Added the functionality to close cards (job, task etc…) with ALT+W in windows and CTRL+W on Mac.
1. Task ID is now shown in the upper right corner of the task card
Personal cost entry
1. Added the functionality to start and stop traffic timer from the context menu in Time & Expense – Time sheet
2. Implemented a check when making cross-company expense entry, where ‘tax code’ field will be shown depending on what the company the job belongs to is set to, instead of the users current company.
1. Expanded the absence today tab in resource list to show more information about other employees absence.
2. Added parent resource to contact card. Clicking on it will open parent resource card.
3. Added a functionality where you can set default purchase order VAT on a supplier, if none is set it will use company variable 23.
1. Added new functionality that allow sharing folders and files, instead of using a “Portal Folder”. Shared files and folders are indicated with an icon
2. Added the functionality to move time entries with a correction type of ‘Administrative correction of approved entry’ from one job to another
3. Added the functionality for the system to remember what you chose in the method dropdown next time you open up the dialogue again.
4. Added the functionality to add an approver in Job WIP adjustments approval
5. Added grouping summation to many columns in the jobs list
6. Redesigned the ‘Add a resource’ dialogue found in Jobs – Price Quote – Lines
7. Added system variable 1076. If enabled, ‘allow overbooking’ status is treated as a user setting
8. You can now set up extended access for the ‘Billable job’ checkbox during job creation, where you can limit which access roles it is visible for.
1. Added a loading bar to all views in the job list. It will only appear if there is a significant amount of data to load.
2. Redesigned two columns in Jobs list – Price quotes overview. ‘Approval status’ column now uses icons, and the values in ‘Quote required’ have been changed from 0/1 to no/yes
3. Added new column to Price quotes overview(7), showing the client contact.
1. System variable 740 restricts a basic users access to create new tasks, however this is only functional for Silverlight (v8)
1. Added system variable 118. Depending on what it is set to, ‘Internal cost’ on a price quote can be hidden for either basic users or both basic users and advanced users.
1. Added a new functionality to ‘Copy price quote lines to PO’ dialogue, where you can select/deselect all lines by clicking in a checkbox.
1 Added the functionality to right click e-mails in ‘Mail import’ to open the context menu.
Finance & Administration
1. Changed the type for expense entries in project posting – open entries, so they show as expense entries instead of vouchers.
2. Added a reject button when viewing expense entries where you aren’t the author
1. You can now search for One 2 One conversations where you are participating.
2. Client contacts can now be favorited, and will show up in the resource list
1. Remade Price lists setup in version 9
2. Added Company variable 28. The value this variable is set to determines how many hours you can register per day.
3. Added system variable 1077 and 1078, both controlling what is included in the ‘Monthly WIP adjustment follow-up list’.